From the Sony Cinealta Web Site
With respect to the PMW-F3 firmware updates which should be available any day now:
The following features are free of charge:
- Dual Link HD-SDI output
- 4:2:2 10bit 1080 23.98/ 25/ 29.97PsF*
- *1080 59.94i and 50i are already available with V1.00.
- SxS software key installation for CBK-RGB01 and CBK-3DL01.
- Planning metadata functionality same as PMW-350 V1.30 except Wi-Fi.
- Simultaneous HD-SDI and HDMI output (menu setting)
- Ability to use the S & Q dial for menu setting (same as jog dial on the rear panel).
- Display the signal format of the Dual Link output on the STATUS window.
- In Thumbnail mode, vertical navigation of the cursor is now possible
- TC output follows the internal Timecode Generator (TCG).
- One-click adjustment of Peaking, Brightness and Contrast of the LCD/EVF.
The following features are activated with the CBK-RGB01 optional cost-based software key:
- RGB4:4:4 10bit, 1080 23.98/ 25/ 29.97PsF output on the Dual Link HD-SDI or 3G-SDI.
- S-LOG Gamma output on the Dual Link or 3G-SDI.
- Switching HD-SDI Dual Link and 3G-SDI.
- 3G-SDI is only available on the Link-A connector and Link-B is OFF.
- LUTs (including x4 preset and x5 user-defined) for on-set video monitoring.
- LUT On/Off is applied to both HD-SDI output and SxS recording at the same time.
- LUT name information will be recorded to SxS as NRT metadata of the Clips and it can be seen by the XDCAM browser.
- User-defined LUTs can be created by CVP file editor for free.
- Wi-Fi function for Planning metadata (same as V1.30 for PMW-350).
I was not expecting to see Planning metadata on the F3, that’s certainly a nice surprise. No mention of how to get 1920/50p or 60P out of the camera. I had thought the F3 was supposed to support that. Nice to see 4 preset LUT’s along with 5 user LUT’s for S-Log along with the software to roll your own LUT.