You have to watch this. It is REAL TIME footage of the Northern Lights. Not the usual time-lapse that I have shot lots of in the past, but real time, as it happened footage. The motion you see in the Aurora is real, this is what I saw watching it. I was able to get this because the F3 with S-Log at +18db gain is 6400 ISO. That combined with a 2 frame slow shutter made it possible to shoot the Solar Storm of the 24th of January in real time. The current on-line clip is quite low quality. I’ll get a higher quality version online when I get home. The camera footage does not have the banding issues that the online versions have (caused by H264).
Most Recent Posts
- alisterchapman on A Tale of Two Cameras – The PMW-300 and PXW-Z100 reviewed.
- alisterchapman on Sony Action Cam with WiFi. HDR-AS15. How to connect to your phone or tablet.
- alisterchapman on Gamma, Cinegamma and Hypergamma
- alisterchapman on PMW-300 and PMW-200 Firmware Update. Reduces Chromatic Aberration.
- alisterchapman on Exposure levels using EI ISO and zebras with the PMW-F5 and raw.