You have to watch this. It is REAL TIME footage of the Northern Lights. Not the usual time-lapse that I have shot lots of in the past, but real time, as it happened footage. The motion you see in the Aurora is real, this is what I saw watching it. I was able to get this because the F3 with S-Log at +18db gain is 6400 ISO. That combined with a 2 frame slow shutter made it possible to shoot the Solar Storm of the 24th of January in real time. The current on-line clip is quite low quality. I’ll get a higher quality version online when I get home. The camera footage does not have the banding issues that the online versions have (caused by H264).
Most Recent Posts
- Scene Files (Picture Profiles) for the PXW-FS7
- PXW-FS7. Turn OFF white clip if using Hypergammas!
- Over and Under Exposure LUT’s for the PXW-FS7, PMW-F5 and PMW-F55
- How to create a User3D LUT for the PXW-FS7 and load it in to the camera
- Using the High/Low key function on the PXW-FS7, PMW-F55 and PMW-F5.
- Time to catch up!
- Apple Pro Video Formats 2.0 – MXF in Quick Time, XAVC in FCP7???