duplicate file names

Discuss all aspects of the EX series camcorders here.
AndyABOM

duplicate file names

Post by AndyABOM » November 13th, 2012, 4:51 am

I thought the EX3 was supposed to not be able to do this, but I have found on several of my last shoots that the camera is labeling clips with the same numbers. I don't realize it until importing the clips amnd getting the "this file name already exists, do you want to overwrite it" type message. I haven't changed the alpha part of the naming since I got the camera - Iris but the numerical part is doubling up. Iris1741_01 and another Iris1741_01 for example. The duplicated name is never on the same card but it is very frustrating to have to go back in and rename the files or put them in a separate folder for my editor. Any idea what might be causing this?

Andy
AndyABOM

Re: duplicate file names - update

Post by AndyABOM » December 16th, 2012, 6:54 am

So I was shootingtonight and foundthat I had once again, hit the switch slots button. And once again, I got duplicate file numbers. The 1st card numbered1951-1979. The second card numbered 1951-2006 with the numbers 1951 - 1979 being differnet clips than on the first card. Is there something about switching cards without the camera automatically switchin tht is causingthis or just a coincidence. It really is very annoying.
jilly

Re: duplicate file names

Post by jilly » March 22nd, 2013, 8:14 pm

I have had this when I have changed battery and the card slot has switched, if you then record a few files and switch back to the other card it will pick up the last filename on that card then duplicate the few on the other.
try recording a file on A then switch to B, record a file on B then back to A. the next file on A will get the same name as the one on B.

Simply a bug in the firmware I think.

Jilly