the PMW-200 a shoulder cam?

This forum is for the discussion of Sony PMW handheld camcorders.
Serge Kouper

the PMW-200 a shoulder cam?

Post by Serge Kouper » February 28th, 2013, 1:11 am

Hi there,
I just visited the BVE 2013, and I tried the Protech ST7J200 for the PMW-200.
If anybody wants to know, I found that this piece of engineered metal changes the 200 into a proper shoulder cam... The few photos that we can see online don't show much, but the feeling is amazing. I found that actually, after a while, the 200 was quite heavy as a handheld cam. (at least for me), and I have tried other options but it was a nightmare, difficult to use and control. With this one, it's truly amazing. Due to a design really adapted to this model, everything falls in place, no awkward position to hold the camera, the right eye stuck in the eyepiece, both hands where they are supposed to be, you can move up down left right, there is no fatigue, all is balanced and easy. Just like a big one actually, except that its lighter. There is also a handle at the right height as well that you can use to do some ground level shots etc and when you're done, back on the tripod in a blink of an eye, since this thing is ready to fit a VCT 14.
Maybe a lot here know this at least for other models, but concerning the 200, I didn't find any review so far. As expected it's quite expensive, not mentioning a V-lock battery as part of the game, that implies a charger of course... raising the price of the kit even higher. but definitely not as high as a 350 for ex. So In my opinion, we get the best of both worlds, reduced size when necessary, and the comfort of a shoulder cam the rest of the time. This is the way I like it!
Well, that looks like an advert now but its not! :D

Cheers.