PMW-350 with nanoflash in Vegas

Discuss any of the full size solid state XDCAM camcorders here.
Robin

Re: PMW-350 with nanoflash in Vegas

Post by Robin » June 26th, 2012, 11:43 am

Yes time of day won't work with a card in camera set up.. as the TC is of course advancing all the time.. (there is a new software CD are working on but not out yet I read on their forum,that the nano would recognize a rec /stop from a camera that produces such a signal from its SDI out port) (so the Nano could be used for multi cam shoots with TC sync).. this would be ideal if you have a camera that out puts this "signal" via SDI.. sorry not that technical.
The remote works cable works fine.. I would try to get it at least a day in advance so you can find a good way to set it where you want it.. I found the actual camera cover the best way..
Only tricky thing again I would say be careful when you want to stop recording.. a quick tap won't do it.. you have to keep it held down for 2 sec,s about.. also I believe a mistaken quick double tap can make the nano do the force card slot change.. not 100% sure about that but remember there was some thing like that.. the Tally light of course is great for the confidence .. Iam far too twitchy to get a remote cable without that light.. !! and also would left it merrily recording many times when i thought i had switched off record..
missylee

Re: PMW-350 with nanoflash in Vegas

Post by missylee » July 3rd, 2012, 1:44 am

I use the camera embeded time code and it works great. The only thing I had to change in Vegas was select the box under properties to split the mxf audio channels to show the 4 channels from my pmw350.