SD card file structure on 350

Discuss any of the full size solid state XDCAM camcorders here.
chrigurn

SD card file structure on 350

Post by chrigurn » August 14th, 2012, 6:36 pm

When the BBC use SD cards via a caddy in their PMW-500's, the BPAV file is written at root level on the card. When I use SD cards on my PMW-350, the BPAV file is written two folders down in SONY>PRIVATE.
Is there any way to get the BPAV file written to the card's root folder, as on the 500's? This isn't a major issue for me, but when I give reporters the card to take away they get confused as FCP 7 log and transfer can't find the rushes automatically (it looks at the root) and you have to drill down through the folders to get them.
simonedwardscamera

Re: SD card file structure on 350

Post by simonedwardscamera » August 28th, 2012, 9:18 pm

I wouldnt do anything to any part of the file structure.

If they were to use XDCam Browser can they not automatically send it to FCP7 from there anyway?

Changes to the file structure count very high among the problems that post facilities are having with file based cameras. I know of one company who spent a day rebuilding FS after another post house sent them a drive with bits missing. Even if a directory appears empty, it needs to be there for the edit system to work. Computers eh!
alisterchapman
Site Admin

Post by alisterchapman » September 4th, 2012, 6:22 pm

There's something very odd going on there. The BPAV folder should always be in the cards root. I assume you are formatting the cards in the camera before use?
chrigurn

Post by chrigurn » September 21st, 2012, 6:46 pm

Yes something very odd. When I use SxS cards the BPAV folder is where it should be. It just seems to happen when I use SDHC cards via the caddy adapter.
And yes, the SDHC cards are being formatted in the camera before use.

Strange huh?