PMW 350 and Windows NLEs

Discuss any of the full size solid state XDCAM camcorders here.
Mark Bloomfield

PMW 350 and Windows NLEs

Post by Mark Bloomfield » March 22nd, 2011, 9:54 pm

Don't know if anyone has had a similar issue, but I have been shooting for a client who uses Avid Liquid Chrome XE and they cannot take the footage from my PMW 350. Footage from my EX1 is fine but with the PMW 350 the audio is not imported and the footage breaks up on the timeline when scrubbing. It will play, but only mute. I have seen some posts around Premier Pro users having problems with audio import from the PMW 350. I have tried giving them MXF files from my nanoFLASH, but the same problems exist.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark
alisterchapman
Site Admin

Re: PMW 350 and Windows NLEs

Post by alisterchapman » March 25th, 2011, 6:44 pm

It's to do with the extra audio channels. EX only has two while the 320/350 has 4 and the NanoFlash has 8. I don't think bringing Liquid up to date is high on Avid's list of priorities. I'd give Sony Vegas a go. I wouldn't be surprised to see Avid let liquid quietly disappear.
Mark Bloomfield

Re: PMW 350 and Windows NLEs

Post by Mark Bloomfield » March 25th, 2011, 8:23 pm

That is the conclusion we came to. Unfortunately Liquid hasn't been patched for a while and as you say probably won't be in the future. Shame really as the original Fast system was a good editing programme with some very good features.

Enjoyed reading your thoughts on the new NEX camera, that looks like it's going to be a great camera. Am looking forwards to getting my hands on one, but it looks like I'll have to wait until the summer!

Best wishes

Mark