Duplicate Clip names

Discuss Solid state workflows and backups here.
Fingers_in_Pies

Duplicate Clip names

Post by Fingers_in_Pies » August 24th, 2011, 12:04 am

I've suddenly come across a problem that I have never had before.

My EX3 has created clips with a duplicate file name. I noticed yesterday that I had two similar named clips "FiPA5271.mov" and "FiPA5271_01.mov", but as they were similar, but unique, file names I didn't really give it a thought, but after today's filming I have 6 clips, with only 3 unique file names to call their own.

All footage was created with the same camera and the same PHU-60K, so I really don't know how it has happened. My real question is how can I re-name the master clips? At the moment they are in separate folders, as I'm aware of the problem, but it's a little concerning and I'd rather have my master footage perfect so that if I ever need to re-build the edit it will be seamless.

I've recorded a number of clips and deleted them, so that I am now out the problematic number range and formatted all my cards and HDD, rather than just delete all clips, so I'm confident that it should be solved, but fixing the existing files is my main concern.

I can't seem to find a way in XD Cam EX Clip Browser or XD Cam Transfer to change the file names. Amy suggestions? Thanks
alisterchapman
Site Admin

Re: Duplicate Clip names

Post by alisterchapman » September 5th, 2011, 5:55 pm

Are these segments of a spanned clip perhaps? Don't forget there is a 4Gb file size limit.
Fingers_in_Pies

Post by Fingers_in_Pies » September 6th, 2011, 1:34 pm

No, totally different clips, filmed on different days.

I've now totally formatted all my storage and bumped the file numbers on by 15 or so to get away from that number range, so hopefully it won't happen again.

I've looked through all the menu options on the camera and clip browser, but can't seem to find a way to rename the clips.

Any suggestions?
alisterchapman
Site Admin

Post by alisterchapman » September 15th, 2011, 4:46 pm

Using XDCAM Browser or Clip Browser you can open the clip and change the Title 1 field in the clip properties and this clip name will then get shown in clip browser etc. You can't change the actual clip numbers afaik.