SONY no longer charging for the S-LOG Upgrade

Discuss the PMW-F3 and any other F series camcorders here
ajhill

SONY no longer charging for the S-LOG Upgrade

Post by ajhill » March 3rd, 2012, 3:30 am

Hello,

Greetings from Los Angeles. I attended a SONY workshop for the F3 yesterday and they informed us that the formerly $4000 S-Log firmware upgrade would now come with the camera at the time of purchase for the stock price. So there is essentially no charge for the upgrade from here on out, which makes the F3 much more appealing.

The reason given was that the upgrade was being pirated anyhow. But I believe it probably had more to do with the release of the C300 and Scarlet. Or maybe it was the huge amount of bitter cameramen out there would really detest the idea of paying $4,000 for something that should have been included from the get go.

Glad to hear that SONY has finally come to their senses!

I may consider selling my EX1 and buying an F3 so that I can use some of this wonderful Leica R glass that I own. I would really like to see that combination.

Cheers,

Alan
Paul Ream

Re: SONY no longer charging for the S-LOG Upgrade

Post by Paul Ream » April 6th, 2012, 6:14 pm

Just for info, the CBK-RGB01 upgrade is now available in the UK for not much more than the price of the 32GB SxS Card... ie: £525 +Vat. Just do a Google search and you can see who's selling it correctly and which companies are still trying to get more than £2500 for the same item!