Most Recent Posts
- PXW-Z100 Frame Grabs
- Want to know more?
- Understanding Log and Exposure Levels (also other gammas). PLEASE READ and understand.
- Alphatron ProPull mini follow focus.
- What’s the difference between Latitude and Dynamic Range?
- Convergent Design Odyssey 7Q has landed.
- The copyright minefield, who owns the rights in a commissioned work?
- SMD on PXW-Z100 Frame Grabs
- alisterchapman on Convergent Design Odyssey 7Q has landed.
- alisterchapman on Understanding Log and Exposure Levels (also other gammas). PLEASE READ and understand.
- Gaylen Nebeker on Convergent Design Odyssey 7Q has landed.
- melk on Sony Action Cam with WiFi. HDR-AS15. How to connect to your phone or tablet.
Tag Archives: F3
I received a sample DSM-U84 battery just before the weekend for testing and review. This battery is a direct replacement for the Sony BP-U60 type battery typically used on the smaller Sony PMW cameras like the PMW-150, 200, EX1, EX3 … Continue reading
A few weeks back I got a phone call from Dave at DSM…… Hey Alister do you think a battery that works on an EX1, F3 or PMW-200 just like the original Sony batteries would be popular? Of course it … Continue reading
In this video I take a look at the MTF Services (http://www.lensadapter.com) B4 2/3″ to super35 mm lens adapter. This adapter allows you to use a conventional 2/3″ ENG zoom lens on most video capable cameras that have a Super35 … Continue reading
IMPORTANT PLEASE ENSURE YOU USE THE REVISED SETTINGS UPDATED ON 24th JULY. After my recent side by side look at the F3 and FS700 and seeing how different the two cameras look, I decided to try to match them a … Continue reading
Great news. I have managed to create a set of .lut files from the standard MLUT’s included with the PMW-F3. These new files work with most LUT enabled software, like LUT Buddy, Colorista, Resolve etc. The standard Sony files don’t … Continue reading
My opinion is that while 8 bit, 422 can be used for S-Log, it is not something I would recommend. I’d rather use a cinegamma with 8 bit recording. 10 bit 422 S-log is another matter altogether, this is well … Continue reading
Just a quick note from NAB that firmware version 1.4 for the PMW-F3 will include S-Log as a selectable gamma curve within the picture profiles. This will be a free update, due out some time before the end of June … Continue reading
I’ve been testing and evaluating my new C300 today. Of course being the owner of a PMW-F3 I was more than a little curious to see how the two compared, so the obvious thing to do was some side by … Continue reading
I’m up, 200 miles North of the Arctic Circle shooting the Northern Lights with a mixture of DSLR’s and one of my PMW-F3′s. The F3′s performance has really taken me by surprise as it’s possible to capture even a very … Continue reading
The latest version of the firmware for the PMW F3 is now available to download from the Sony Canada web site: http://support.sonybiz.ca/esupport/init.do The key feature of this update is the ability to now output clean 4:2:2 S-Log from the “A” HDSDi … Continue reading