List Price/Purchase Price of Sony F5

Discuss the PMW-F3 and any other F series camcorders here
thecamerachap

List Price/Purchase Price of Sony F5

Post by thecamerachap » December 5th, 2013, 4:10 pm

Hi All

So i'm looking to purchase a Sony F5 in the New Year, this will be the first time i've brought a camcorder from new (i'd like a used or ex-demo F5 but they are like gold dust!). I'm just wondering if theres much of a difference between the list price and the actual purchase price people have paid, is it like buying a new car, do the resellers have much wriggle room or is it like buying from Apple!! The cheapest I've seen a new F5 is from TNP Broadcast for £11954.00 inc VAT. I

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
Martin
alisterchapman
Site Admin

Re: List Price/Purchase Price of Sony F5

Post by alisterchapman » December 14th, 2013, 6:27 pm

Resellers can eat into their margins, but the margins are not very big so you won't see large differences between resellers. What you might be able to do is get a deal on a camera with some accessories as there are bigger margins on the accessories.
In Canada Sony have just started a bundle deal that includes the F5 body, LCD Viewfinder and Optitek lens mount for approx $16,500 CDN (about £10K). I don't know if the same deal will be available in Europe, but it might be worth ringing round the main dealers to see if they are able to offer this deal (Visual Impact, Prestons, CVP etc).