Where is the backfocus screw or button?

Discuss Sonys 35mm NXCAM camcorder
harryllama@yahoo.com

Where is the backfocus screw or button?

Post by harryllama@yahoo.com » April 26th, 2012, 4:05 am

We recently purchased the MTF EF adapter for the FS100, and while setting it up I realized I probably needed to set the backfocus or focal flange length. However, I can't seem to find it in the manual or any of the menus. On the F3 it was a simple screw. Otherwise, not sure how useful such an adapter will be for my Canon zoom lenses.
harryllama@yahoo.com

Re: Where is the backfocus screw or button?

Post by harryllama@yahoo.com » April 26th, 2012, 4:14 am

I should add that someone mentioned that the FS100 might backfocus automatically, but again, no evidence of this in the manual....
alisterchapman
Site Admin

Post by alisterchapman » April 28th, 2012, 5:49 pm

There isn't any adjustment on the FS100 that I am aware of.

Backfocus adjustment is primarily associated with making parfocal zoom lenses track focus as they zoom, or for calibrating the focus scale on super accurate PL lenses. As there are no parfocal lenses made for the FS100 and it doesn't have a PL mount as standard there is little need for a FB adjustment. 3rd party PL adapters like the Triad (http://www.triad-mounts.com/PL-Mount-Co ... FS100.html )have a back focus adjustment built in to them.
harryllama@yahoo.com

Post by harryllama@yahoo.com » May 3rd, 2012, 9:52 pm

Thanks, Alister!

We're using the MTF EF (EOS) adapter, as I said before, and on the F3 I needed to drastically change the back focus. But, it turns out that on the FS100, the MTF adapter requires no backfocus adjustment! The focus appears to stay true throughout the zoom range. Hooray!

By the way, does Triad or any other company make an EF adapter with a built in back focus adjustment screw for either the F3 or FS100?

Harry
alisterchapman
Site Admin

Post by alisterchapman » March 18th, 2013, 9:47 pm

The F3 has a backfocus adjustment screw. Maybe the F3's backfocus is out?