HDR and Acquisition

Discuss the PMW-F3 and any other F series camcorders here
marop

HDR and Acquisition

Post by marop » September 9th, 2016, 7:42 pm

Hello all,

I am exploring the purchase of a new camera, an upgrade into the professional realm. I am considering an F5 and wondering how well this will handle HDR. I am assuming that HDR has some specification for the camera, like how many stops of latitude it can do, etc? Coincidentally, I just read today the following regarding news from Sony at IBC;

"4K Program production: XAVC allows excellent HDR capture in S-Log3

The version eight firmware update for F55 and F5(with 4K lic. Upgrade) enables support for XAVC 4K Class 480 recording, allowing a higher bit rate and capture of excellent HDR in S-Log3. XAVC allows for reviewing of images captures immediately after shooting on-site, making it ideal for HDR production of documentaries and natural history programs"

So one question is, does the F5 with 4K upgrade capture this new format (XAVC 4K Class 480) internally?

Thanks for any help or thoughts.
marop

Re: HDR and Acquisition

Post by marop » September 14th, 2016, 9:14 pm

Okay, i found info on this site that answered some questions about this topic, thanks Alister! Basically then, how about colors? How many does the F5 capture and how many does HDR require, or least can display?

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated,

Mark